Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Media Consumption

With the new Televisions season here, it becomes a race for me to get everything done/watched.

My PVR rapidly fills up and I have a hard time getting through it all. I knock down a few hours worth of TV and then that night it fills right back up again. The problem compounds when taking into account the other things I want to do as well.

Comics, reading - novels, video games, movies. There isn't enough time for it all.

It gets frustrating and the thought of dropping shows or comics pops into my mind, but there are always more and more to take over the spots of the fallen. So I see my PVR fill up, see the stacks of comics and books pile up, see video games being neglected and all I can do is think that I'll get to them tomorrow or the next day.

Gotta have a life too right? Something outside the nerdly realms of geek culture?

How to balance it all is the question. Not sure if there's a proper answer either. I can't help the fact that I'm attracted to so many different aspects of pop culture and want to try and enjoy the most I can.

Sometimes I think it's too much, but good luck trying to quit. I've already given up. I'm Pop Culture's Bitch!

Tom.

No comments: