Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pull List for Oct 15 * Marvel Price Policy

Relatively small week for me -which is good.
Amazing Spider-Man #573 - Finally be able to finish reading New Ways to Die. Also grabbed the Stephen Colbert Variant edition, because it's cool.
Charlatan Ball #4 - Not a bad little book. I have the Hardcover edition of Joe Casey's other book Godland, still haven't read it yet.
Astonishing X-Men #27 - Wasn't too impressed with the first issues of Ellis' run, he usually always brings something different.
Captain Britain & MI 13 #6 - decent title, not sure if I'll stay with it.
Guardians of the Galaxy #6
Mighty Avengers #19 - Book is cancelled for me - still on the hook for one more issue, probably won't even read this one at all.
Ultimate Origins #5 - the mini is done and I can stop caring about the Ultimate Universe. Won't bother with Ultimatum.
Ghostbusters: The Other Side #1 - So glad the ghostbusters are back in comic books - a video game coming soon too!

It was going to be a normal day at the Comic Shop until, the guy working behind the counter told me that Marvel has raised their prices on all of their books. The Canadian price of course. This highly pissed me off. I am primarily a Marvel reader. A solid 90% of my stack is Marvel. My problem is not the fact that Marvel increased their prices - that is going to happen, comics used to cost .10 cents remember. The problem I had was how quickly Marvel changed the Canadian prices. When the Canadian dollar was at par or above the American dollar Marvel dragged their heels on changing the price, making equal or closer to equal the American cover price. But when the Canadian dollar drops like it has in the last couple of weeks, Marvel jumps all over it and raises the prices .50 cents a book across the board in a heartbeat. WTF!

This means nothing to Marvel, because honestly how many people does this effect? In the hundreds on some books...maybe a thousand on the top selling books? I'm dropping a few more Marvel books because of this. Nothing drastic, I can't ever see myself giving them up completely, but this factor in to my pull list. I think Captain Britain will be gone, maybe X-Factor as well, maybe a couple more if I can. But it will definetely stop me from buying any mini-series from Marvel, the prices were already jacked up on those.

In the last couple of weeks, I had added a few DC titles, with Marvel upping their Canadian price DC will have to follow suit within the next couple of weeks I imagine.

Stupid bastard jerks Marvel!

Tom.

No comments: